Safe Exam Browser download and installation video
IMPORTANT: All steps detailed in this video must be completed in this specific order, for SEB to function appropriately.
The following steps must be completed in order.
Step 1: Download the Safe Exam Browser. Issues will occur if you are not running on the minimum Operating System (OS) version, so update Windows/macOS/iOS, first!
Windows (7, 8.x, 10, 11)
macOS (11.1 or newer)
iOS (9.3.5 or newer)
- Safe Exam Browser is not supported for Chromebooks.
Step 2: Install SEB.
- Find SEB in your downloads folder
and double click to begin installation.
- Follow the prompts and complete installation.
Step 3: Locate your test inside your normal browser.
- If SEB is properly installed you will see a button to "Launch Safe Exam Browser (SEB)".
- If this is your first time you will also need to click "Allow" to permit the URL to open in SEB.
- If you see the message "We have detected that SEB is not installed on this device." you have not properly completed installation, or the detection process failed. If SEB did not launch return to step 1.
Disclaimer: Safe Exam Browser (SEB) is an open-source solution provided by ETH Zürich. All trademarks, service marks and company names are the property of their respective owners.
Safe Exam Browser
What is the Safe Exam Browser (SEB)? The Safe Exam Browser is a customized web browser, available for Windows (7, 8.x, 10, 11), macOS (11.1 or newer), and iOS (9.3.5 or newer). Chromebooks are currently not supported by SEB. The application must be ...
Step-by-step BioSight-ID™ (Video)
This video will walk you through the BioSight-ID™ user experience. Before you begin your BioSight-ID exam: Enroll your BioSig-ID password Check that your camera and microphone are functional. Ensure that you are on a stable internet connection. If ...
Stuck on Congratulations Message - Browser Assist
Browser Assist malware presents itself commonly by displaying a successful congratulations message. The user is unable to continue on to course content as they are never redirected, because of interference by the virus. Message: "Congratulations! ...
Update macOS to 11.1+
The minimum requirement for the Safe Exam Browser (SEB) is macOS 11.1. Updating macOS is easy; detailed instructions available at: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201541
Reset BioSig-ID™ Password (Video)
This video describes the ways in which a user can self-reset their BioSig-ID™ password.